Welcome to Zetland Street
*** IMPORTANT UPDATE: WE HAVE PERMANENTLY CLOSED, AS OF SATURDAY DECEMBER 12TH, 2015. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND WILL MISS YOU ALL! ***
Who's Your Farmer?
We are lucky enough to be able to enjoy access to the following local farms. We admire these farmers for their commitment to their product and the people who consume it, the transparency in their operations, and their dedication to the environment.
- Hungry Toad farm, Centerville.
- Ed Hill Chicken, Xenia.
- Patchwork Gardens, Dayton.
- Blue Jacket Dairy Farm, Harrison.
- Dohner’s Maple Camp, West Milton.
- Bensman Family Farms, Waynesville.
- Dorothy Lane Market, Dayton.
- Hydrogrowers Produce, Pleasant Hill.
- Flying Mouse Farms, Yellow Springs.
- Thacker’s Gourmet Mushrooms, Franklin.
- Eshleman’s Fruit Farm, Clyde.
So...what or where IS Zetland Street?? For one of our owners, Kim, it is the place of her birth... the street she grew up on in Australia. Having lived in the USA for 20 years now, Kim saw this new venture as a way to bring a little bit of her former life into her current one!! For you, our guest, Zetland Street is a place you can turn to for comfort also, where you can enjoy real food, prepared with passion and purpose, in a way that satisfies the body and soul.
We believe that eating real, honest, nutritious food is best for not only our bodies and our health, but for the environment around us, as well. For us, food needs to be sustainable. When you eat with us, you are helping make that a reality in our world. For those of you concerned with consuming untested GMOs, we have worked to eliminate them completely from our kitchen, and to use local, chemical-free produce whenever possible. Our meats are always grass fed, GMO free, and are sourced locally, whenever possible. We look at the integrity of each and every ingredient in our kitchen, so you can feel confident that the food you are eating here is of the highest quality possible. All of our consumables and take-out containers are either recycled, or completely compostable. We recycle everything that can be. We thank you for your support, and appreciate your commitment to your community, your health, and the environment. Your taste buds will thank you, also.
GMO a No No!
GMOs are organisms that have been genetically modified. If you have not heard of GMOs or Monsanto, I encourage you to research them. No long term studies have been done on these products, and with them being in more than 80% of our food items on our grocery shelves, I would say it is important to test them thoroughly. Independent studies conducted on animals have had alarming results, to say the least. The increased use of pesticides on this type of food production is also very alarming, for not only the health of the soil, but for the health of our families. We have worked, and are continuing to work, to ensure that NO GMO products come into our kitchen.
We encourage you to read about this very important topic. Many, MANY ailments have been linked to GMO consumption. So if you suffer from any kind of digestive disorder, allergy, reproductive issue, liver problems… and then some…try eliminating GMOs from your diet, and just see what happens.
Links We Love!
- The Institute for Responsible Technology – Jeffrey Smith is a leader in GMO education.
- We need to know what is in the food we are eating! The group, Label The Truth Ohio, is demanding the labeling of GMOs in the state of Ohio! Sign up for their petition!
- Learn how to shop for food products that do NOT contain GMOs, with the Non GMO Project.
- Here's 10 reasons for you to NOT eat GMOs
- A good starting point for information on GMOs
- Another Monsanto product... rBGH – why you don’t want it in your milk!!!
- What's the difference between grass-fed and corn-fed meats?
Take the Delectable Detour...
Call 937-709-9055 to make reservations, or request a table using our contact form below!